http://www.emailcashpro.com

Friday, September 11, 2009

3Racing - Winch



Like your for your full size off-roader, you know that you want one, actually you need one...

Your 4x4 cannot be called an off-roader if it does not have a meaty winch at the front, you just could not be taken seriously. You know exactly what I mean here.

The more time I spend with my RC cars, the more I get addicted. I trully got hooked by the scale-type crawlers and trailers. The ones that look like standard 4x4 and have great off-road capability.

So following the same thought process as for my Land Rover, I decided that I needed and wanted a winch for my crawlers.

It did not take long to find what I wanted; the 3Racing Winch with its controller.

There have been a number of attempts over the last couple of years to make winches using servos or else, but this one does look like the real deal.





It does conform to the 1/10th scale and would look great on any similar sized vehicles like the ones we reviewed before (Axial AX10, SCX10, or the Tamiya CR01).

Its design is very similar to a Warn low profile winch like the 9.5XP, even the logo pattern is there. You would just need to paint a red 'W' to make it a true replica.

The roller fairlead is very nicely done as well and the mounting plate could place itself on whatever flat surface on your RC cars, so no worry there.

The winch comes with a controller that enables you to connect the winch to the power source and to a receiver should you wish to control it from a 3+ channel transmitter. If you do not have a 3-channel one, the controller has a small button that will give you control over the winch operation.

I tested the winch on its own, and I can report that it could easily lift the full weight of my Tamyia CR01 Land Cruiser. That was impressive.

Now I just need to install it on one of my cars, but which one???

More to come in the future...
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Lazy Way To Buy And Sell Cars For Profit!